USM Interview Session (Upgraded Ver)

 Assalamualaikum💚

So, I was just casually scrolling the photos of me holding my fyp thesis, thus, I decided to do an upgrade version of the interview session to enroll into USM precisely in Product Design, School of The Arts. But, before we started, I'd like to clear out that this post has nothing to do with anything that might harm any parties, I write up in order to help the next generations of the PD families ewahhhh ko 😆. So, for those who've missed out the first part, that I wrote back in 2014 kot, feel free to look it out. Aku rasa malu bila tulis benda tah apa apa tu. Apologize as that was me, when I was in my early 20 👧 Basically, Product Design is as par as Industrial Design at many Universities in Malaysia. It's just the name that is different. The differs had me shook when I was searching for some information back then. Yelah, siapa nak tahu masa tu product design apa. And, to adik-adik too, when you look out for product design, yes, industrial design will be popped out together. The first question; what is product/industrial design? What are they even doing? My initial thought back then that I'll be doing something like packaging design kinda stuff? Not near than graphical things kononnya. I had no idea what's all about even though it's clearly showed about product/automobile (vehicles) and furniture. Yes, you'll be learning all of them adiks. Anyhow, you'll still learn about art (aesthetic) but this time, you've got to put the function together in order to build a nice, neat, pretty and of course it has to be strong (function) products. I don't know recently how but back then automobile isn't a top 3 in PD. Hence, we were just learning mainly about product (lamp, jewellery, ice cream case, etc), furniture (sofa-bed, bed, sofa, armchair, stool, end table, etc). It sounds fun but bear that it will be all hands-on project, where we need to go to the workshop, playing with dirts, woods, duco, spray coloring, etc. Don't worry, it's a nice course to learn because you will get both (theory and skills). 

However, the costs for one project is kind of expensive especially when you are doing the fyp. Some of my friends were doing a part-time job to cover their project. From sketching (requires an enormous of A3 and the siblings), the essentials like marker pen (i forgot the name), soft pastels and all those stuff. Other than that, when you are doing the modelling, maybe some foam (green-flower-sponge* this was in my era 😂) contact glue, white paint, spray color, you know what while typing to these, I don't remember some of the products that I've used before, I'm gradually forgetting everything lol sorry. You can just google it okayyyy. After that, you'll be spending some money on the actual size product which is the prototype. Wow, aku serious dah lupa apa beza model dengan prototype😅😂. I guess this is what aging is called tho. Finally, to display your products, you are ought to have a nice panel to justify the product functions, some creative catalogue and etc. Long short stories, any art and design costs require you to be splurging an enormous amount of money to the project. As for my fyp product, I've spent roughly 1k+. Start saving and start living like a pauper but not so pauper as you're young. Should be enjoying the youthful times with friends gitu💚

Meet my toys that has been produced with lotsa money and emotion :')

I've been rummaging on my gallery to slip some photos but I don't know which file did I put lol. So, wait eh.

Meet Pn. Ina (Hi, Puan, if you ever crossed in here, thank you for visited my booth, you made me smile and touched for the whole day! 💚) 




This is one of the classes, I don't remember, I think something that is related with the fundamental of arts kot. 

Meet my cutepie, graphic department friend; Syaza. She was my model for the product design 1 subject and I still save the products even though it shows some rusty on the jewellery, yelah it's been 5 years. ❤


I guess that's all for today wah macam dah habis class. If you've any problem, I hope you can solve it with a peace of mind 😂. Think in depth if you are really interested in this course, just don't be like me. Aku dulu memang ingat product design buat packaging. If you want to do packaging, go to graphic design, not product😅😂. As long as you have the interests, passion in design (art and design), just seize the opportunity. Inshaa Allah, God will help you. To anyone from product/industrial design who are dealing with difficulties right now, I pray that God help to ease every burdensome on you. Chin up as life is like a mountain. The journey isn't pretty all the time, but once you reached the top, you'll be seeing the gardens that you've planted❤, don't give up, just enjoy the flow okay! 

We started out with around 27 but one by one left, and these were the remaining ones ❤

One with my thesis💚

Bye! 


 

Popular posts from this blog

USM Interview Session

Congrats my man!

Ramadan Tiba Lagi